A few days ago I implemented a custom field which should have 2 dropdowns which are depending on each other (hereyou can find the whole implementation, in this example I will just show you a simple text field).
So I checked all possible solutions and I decided to use the IFrame type for that. This is a default field provided by Sitecore. So in the source input on the template you need to provide the url for your iframe. In my case it will be a Controller:
Today I created a rendering component which has around 10 fields but the whole component is not editable in Experience Editor. I decided to use Edit Frame from Glass Mapper. The BeginEditFrame wants all the editable fields as a parameter. But for around 10 fields not that comfortable.
The following code snippet creates an Edit Frame only with 1 field.
This file contains bidirectional Unicode text that may be interpreted or compiled differently than what appears below. To review, open the file in an editor that reveals hidden Unicode characters.
Learn more about bidirectional Unicode characters
The default Sitecore Name Value List field has an annoying issue. It does not allow to use special characters like ‘-‘ for the key. I just digged into the Sitecore.Kernel library and I found a regular expression validation which is hardcoded.
Let’s overwrite this class make it more flexible. The main issue with the implementation that they don’t encode/decode the URI.