Long time no posts about Sitecore Content Editor, but recently I got the following requirement on a project:
Continue reading “Sitecore default Save command post action usage”
Creating a new Save button in Content Editor to perform synchronization – with other items in the tree – of specific fields on the selected item.
A year ago I have posted about how to create template dependent field validator with rules engine. But it requires too many modifications, so I have decided to write this post about how to do the similar functionality without rules engine.
So at first I have implemented a base class which should be used by all validators which want to be dependent on a template or a base template. This class does the following steps:
- Checks the template ID and base template ID of the current item
- If it is true then the main part is called, this is the following line:
This is the injected specific validation method which is passed as a parameter.
Continue reading “Template dependent field validator WITHOUT Sitecore rules engine”
What Sitecore standard copy functionality does:
- Copies the whole item tree under the selected item
- Copies all item versions (if you have more)
- All references (included the datasources in your components) remain the same
So in some cases it is good but especially when you have pages with local component datasources the standard copy function does not really for you.
Continue reading “Editor Extensions – Copy a page with its components”