On of my project we switched from TDS to Unicorn. After we configured Unicorn and set up dependencies between configurations I wanted to verify that every item was migrated from TDS (*.item) to Unicorn (*.yml) in the database successfully.Continue reading “Switching from TDS to Unicorn – some useful verifying SQL scripts”
I wanted to install Solr 6.0.1 on my brand new laptop for Sitecore 8.2 after I already installed Solr 7.2.1 for Sitecore 9.1. I thought it will be easy because I have already a Java environment installed. I had 2 issues.Continue reading “Solr install – Unrecognized VM option ‘PrintGCDateStamps’”
Sitecore provides you the possibility to implement your own layout resolver if the default one is not enough for you. Basically you can change the layout of a page based on a business logic without changing the item in the database.Continue reading “Custom layout resolver”
In the last days I had to discover why on first load of the IIS site SitecoreContext.Database is null.Continue reading “Glass Mapper – SitecoreContext.Database is null”
This will be a short post about why the method above is tricky. As its name says ExecuteWorkflowCommandIfAvailable, but what “available” means in this context?Continue reading “What WorkflowUtility.ExecuteWorkflowCommandIfAvailable does?”
A year ago I have posted about how to create template dependent field validator with rules engine. But it requires too many modifications, so I have decided to write this post about how to do the similar functionality without rules engine.
So at first I have implemented a base class which should be used by all validators which want to be dependent on a template or a base template. This class does the following steps:
- Checks the template ID and base template ID of the current item
- If it is true then the main part is called, this is the following line:
This is the injected specific validation method which is passed as a parameter.
This feature appeared in Sitecore 8.2, which is changing the workflow state value for datasource items together with the context page item (only in Experience Editor). Here is a great summary article related to these improvements.
I was not fully satisfied with this because by default this only collects the datasource items and does not the children items of a datasource. This is an issue when you have something like a list component which shows the children items. What I have found is:
<command name="webedit:workflowwithdatasourceitems" type="Sitecore.ExperienceEditor.WebEdit.Commands.WorkflowWithDatasourceItems, Sitecore.ExperienceEditor" />