On one of my first Sitecore Headless project I got a requirement to implement a dynamic URL resolving to display product data from a different root of the Sitecore tree. If it would have been a traditional Sitecore solution I could implement a custom item resolver but in the headless world we need a different kind of mindset to solve problems like this.Continue reading “Sitecore Headless – Wildcard item with datasource content resolver”
On my current project we are struggling of updating multiple repositories after we are pushing a new version of our custom NuGet packages. A solution could be to use floating versions but I wanted more control over the versions, because there could be cases where I need different versions on each solutions. Therefore I went in the direction to update the versions manually on a developer machine. This way, pull requests needs to be opened for each package updates, but this is great because I want all developers aware of the changes.Continue reading “Update NuGet packages in multiple repositories”
Long time no posts about Sitecore Content Editor, but recently I got the following requirement on a project:
Continue reading “Sitecore default Save command post action usage”
Creating a new Save button in Content Editor to perform synchronization – with other items in the tree – of specific fields on the selected item.
OR when you are facing with the following exception:
|[LockRecursionException: A read lock may not be acquired with the write lock held in this mode.]|
|System.Threading.ReaderWriterLockSlim.TryEnterReadLockCore(TimeoutTracker timeout) +1347|
|System.Threading.ReaderWriterLockSlim.TryEnterReadLock(TimeoutTracker timeout) +44|
|Sitecore.Configuration.Settings.GetSetting(String name) +48|
I published my last post a long time ago, but I faced new challenges while upgrading a Sitecore infrastructure from 9.0.1 to 9.3. As you all probably know, Identity Server is used as primary authenticator for CM environments by default.Continue reading “Sitecore 9.3 CM with reverse proxy and Identity Server”
In the last days I had to discover why on first load of the IIS site SitecoreContext.Database is null.Continue reading “Glass Mapper – SitecoreContext.Database is null”
A year ago I have posted about how to create template dependent field validator with rules engine. But it requires too many modifications, so I have decided to write this post about how to do the similar functionality without rules engine.
So at first I have implemented a base class which should be used by all validators which want to be dependent on a template or a base template. This class does the following steps:
- Checks the template ID and base template ID of the current item
- If it is true then the main part is called, this is the following line:
This is the injected specific validation method which is passed as a parameter.
This feature appeared in Sitecore 8.2, which is changing the workflow state value for datasource items together with the context page item (only in Experience Editor). Here is a great summary article related to these improvements.
I was not fully satisfied with this because by default this only collects the datasource items and does not the children items of a datasource. This is an issue when you have something like a list component which shows the children items. What I have found is:
<command name="webedit:workflowwithdatasourceitems" type="Sitecore.ExperienceEditor.WebEdit.Commands.WorkflowWithDatasourceItems, Sitecore.ExperienceEditor" />
What Sitecore standard copy functionality does:
- Copies the whole item tree under the selected item
- Copies all item versions (if you have more)
- All references (included the datasources in your components) remain the same
So in some cases it is good but especially when you have pages with local component datasources the standard copy function does not really for you.
A few days ago I implemented a custom field which should have 2 dropdowns which are depending on each other (here you can find the whole implementation, in this example I will just show you a simple text field).
So I checked all possible solutions and I decided to use the Iframe type for that. This is a default field provided by Sitecore. So in the source input on the template you need to provide the url for your iframe. In my case it will be a Controller: